Passwords protection page scale up the index page on iPhone

Ways to reproduce:

1. Enable password protection on your responsive website
  2. Open it on your iPhone → Password page loaded at 100% scale
  3. Tap the input field → Safari zooms in and brings up the keyboard.
  4. Input your password and press "done"
  5. The problem – Index page loaded in a zoomed-in state

Solutions that didn't work:

I tried adding meta-tags:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, user-scalable=no">

and tried replacing bss meta-tags with javascript:

if (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i) || navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i)) {
var viewportmeta = document.querySelector('meta[name="viewport"]');
if (viewportmeta) {
    viewportmeta.content = 'width=device-width, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no';
    document.body.addEventListener('gesturestart', function () {
        viewportmeta.content = 'width=device-width, minimum-scale=0.25, maximum-scale=1.6';
    }, false);
}}

Possible solutions:

• add "user-scalable=no" to your password page header
  • let us control it in settings (where a password is set)
  • give us the ability to customize the password page (this one would be the best, I would love this page to look consistent with my website rather than with bss design).

Thank you!

-Vitalii

What password protection page are you referring to? To my knowledge, BSS does not have a password component, or even the ability to do the database functions necessary to store passwords. I doubt this is a BSS issue.

Hi @Printninja, I'm referring to this feature: https://bootstrapstudio.io/tutorials/password-protection

@Vitalii

Sorry, I do not use BSS free hosting, so I was unaware this even existed. Consider my earlier comment irrelevant. I regret I cannot help you with this issue, but perhaps some other members can.

Really wish they would put the separate forum they used to have back in for the Hosting setup. Makes things easier to deal with for us, don't know why they took it out even, just that it disappeared one day. I don't use it either so I can't help you either, gl with it though.

This forum software is poor, but I can't see it being that hard to add a new category. We desperately need one for discussing Online Components.

Yeah, I'm sure they can, as I said there did used to be one for the BSS Hosting.