Positioning of carousel caption.

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.. new to bootstrap, get by on trial and error.

Below is were I've got to, but I want to position the caption text centrally vertically and around 20% from the right as in the last picture.

enter image description here

enter image description here

I've left the css that I've been playing with open and hoping someone can point me in the right direction - one thing that is bothering me is why is the caption floating 20px or so above its container?

Also how can I change the carousel indicators from the slots to the more common circle?

Many thanks in advance.

To me it looks as if the caption is set to absolute. If that is true then it may be using the main carousel container as the relative parent for positioning. Try setting the slide container to relative for its reference to position itself.

For changing the indicators just add this...

.carousel-indicators li { width: 10px; height: 10px; border-radius: 100%; }

Many thanks for this, I still struggled with the positioning, but after some trial, error and research I found the following css to work..

.carousel-caption { width:200px; z-index:10; color:#fff; text-align:center; top:50%; left:65%; bottom:auto; -webkit-transform:translate(0, -50%); -ms-transform:translate(0, -50%); transform:translate(0, -50%); }

Regards