Problems creating Heading and Text items in Nav as BS5 shows it

I don’t know if I’m just not reading things right or if there are things missing to accomplish this, but I’ve been trying for the past half hour or so to recreate a text area within a dropdown as shown here:

Basically I’m trying to get this client away from multi level dropdowns as they are horrible to try to get working right. So I’ve gotten them to agree to some text areas to add little sections with links to them such as

menu item
divider

• Heading
    • Link
    • Link

divider
menu item

And the same for a bit of text they have on it which could be better set up than the way I have it now.

• The problem is I cannot create it. There is no LI component directly without adding a list.
  • The LI component from a list will not go into a Dropdown Item
  • I cannot add a Heading component to a List Item, it always adds a link component.

I’m kinda stumped here, and I’m hoping this isn’t something I have to work around with custom code because this is default BS5 so it should work right? crosses fingers that she’s just been staring at this screen too long to see the obvious answers lol

PS. I did discover to my joy that the item, text, header and divider items were part of the top text editor bar, but unfortunately they don’t show up the same as what they have in BS5 which was my goal.

Have you considered some sort of “mega menu” solution (as opposed to multi-levels?)

I’m kind of facing a similar challenge on this old static site that I’m rebuilding as responsive.

As you can see, there are a some menu items (like Resins) that have a ton of items on the submenu, so I’m planning on creating a mega menu with headings and lists sort of like what you’re describing.

(PS - I didn’t build the original site. I’d never make something so user unfriendly lol)

1 Like

It is just to drop a drop down where you want it and it works smoothly
https://megamenu.bss.design/

1 Like

Led Zeppelin Kashmir :metal:

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome @kuligaposten would you possibly share it?

@jo-r

Yes of course, only the navbar or the footer as well?
The footer keeps track on which year it is and adding the document title and year to the copyright tag

1 Like

Would love to play with both if you don’t mind, thanks so much as always @kuligaposten!

Imagine having access to the repository of all the things Kuli has created in BSS? It would be like being set loose in Santa’s workshop :star_struck:

2 Likes