Publish Settings - .htaccess

Well, I didn’t find any functional way to do this here on the Forum, so here’s an idea:

They could add in “Publish Settings” the option to send the .htaccess file so that we can configure the page rules of the site.

Example:
Remove the .html extension from the website pages:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^([^\.]+)$ $1.html [NC,L]

(I’ve been trying to do this for days, but I haven’t found any options for it)

This option would allow users to better customize their website.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Roger Windberg.

Just to be clear, are you not able to edit the .htaccess file for your domain yourself?

As this isn’t something the tool would do with an export as it’s more to do with your domain than it is for BSS functionality (however I would love for pretty urls to be supported in preview)

1 Like

My website is hosted by BSS Sites. How do I access .htaccess?

If it’s hosted with BSS sites then I don’t believe this is possible - you should email BSS devs to ask to get a quicker response.

But if you ever do host your website your self with you own domain hosting then you will be able to edit your htaccess and solve this issue :+1:

Bootstrap Studio Sites does not support .htaccess. This is a format specific to the Apache webserver and we don’t run it on our platform.

Making pretty links (without .html) is not possible on Bootstrap Studio Sites, unfortunately. If this is important to you, you will need to use a regular hosting provider and upload via SFTP after exporting.

If you want pretty links on Bootstrap Studio Sites you can do like this

Can you give me an example of how to use this code on my website? Setting for the link https://rogerwindberg.dev/sobre.html for example.

You can disregard it, I already understand how it works, and this has a problem. I cannot send the link “https://tips.bss.design/project” to someone as it is directed to the main page. This Javascript only changes the URL after it is already accessed and not before :frowning:

It works I clicked on the link and it takes me to the project page

It didn’t work for me and the site is down.