[Reflow Feature Request] Shipping Dimensions, Variant Shipping Rules, Coupon Codes

In addition to the individual weight for each variant, I have a few other Feature Requests that I think would be helpful. Some of these may already be thought of, and I understand this is still a product that is being developed, but I wanted to jot them down as I think of them. I think if these can be implemented, it would be a great improvement to the already Fantastic Reflow product.

Feature Request #1:
Shipping Dimensions per Variant
Since a lot of my variants are varying sizes of Honey jars. (Same jar style, but available in 4oz, 8oz, 16oz, etc…
Having the ability to assign Shipping Dimensions at the variant level would be nice. And then have a shipping rule based on the shipping package volume which could calculate how many items can ship at that price.

Example: The item variant shipping dimensions could be: 1.5"x1.5"x4". Another Variant could have shipping dimensions of: 2.5" x 2.5" x 6"

In this case, the shipping dimensions could be applied at the variant level, and the shipping price and volume of the package could be applied in the shipping rules.

Example: $10.00 Flat Rate Shipping. Shipping volume: 1.625" x 5.375" x 8.625". (could also add a max weight that the package can’t go over). This would hold 6 of the 1.5" x 1.5" x 4" items, but couldn’t hold any of the 2.5" x 2.5" x 6" items, so for the larger item, another rule could be created for a $16.00 Flat Rate Shipping. Shipping volume of 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2".
This one could hold 8 of the 2.5" x 2.5" x 6" items.
I’m sure this could be a little tricky to program because items can be turned different ways to fit, but seeing how well y’all have done with everything else, I’m sure it could be done.

Feature Request #2
Allow the shipping rule to be assigned or applied at the variant level. So you would still create shipping rules just as you do today, however you could have multiple Free shipping rules, and you could label them as such.
For example. If I have a free shipping rule, I may only want to apply that to my Honey, but not to any other items that I sell. So having a toggle for the shipping rules at the variant level would allow me to turn on the $10.00 Flat Rate Shipping and also turn on the Free Shipping over a certain $ amount that I created for Honey. We will say I called that shipping rule “Honey Free Shipping”

For example, there could be a toggle for:
-“allow all shipping rules” (This option I could toggle off for Honey or it would toggle itself off when I select to toggle off any other rule)
-“allow $10.00 Flat Rate Shipping” (I could leave toggled on, or toggle on if off by default)
-“allow Honey Free Shipping” (I could leave toggled on, or toggle on if off by default)
-“allow Woodenware Free Shipping” (This option I could toggle off for Honey or leave off if off by default)

And for an Item called “woodenware”, I might have a “Woodenware Free Shipping” rule, so I could toggle off the “Honey Free Shipping” option. And I could toggle on the “allow Woodenware Free Shipping” option, that would allow free shipping if the customer purchases a set dollar amount of woodenware. And I could also toggle on a Flat Rate Shipping rule. So regardless of the dollar amount of the purchase, the customer would be required to pay shipping if under a certain amount, or if over a certain amount, the “Woodenware Free Shipping” would apply.

My Free shipping for Honey rule might be Free if over $50, and the Woodenware might be Free if over $100. So being able to have multiple Free Shipping rules would be helpful if it could be assigned/applied at the item variant level.

Feature Request #3
Allow a coupon code to have a dollar amount before it is activated.
As it is right now if I have a coupon code, it will either give a set dollar amount off of a purchase or it will give a set % off of a purchase. However, it doesn’t matter how much the person spends.
If I could assign a dollar amount to the coupon code, then it wouldn’t activate until the customer’s purchase has reached the dollar amount related to the coupon code.

For example: If I create a 10% off coupon code, it would be nice to create a rule that only activates it for purchases over $100

This would allow tiered coupon codes to be created.
Example:
5% off of $50 = $2.5
10% off of $100 = $10
20% off of $200 = $40

Feature Request #4
Allow a maximum $ amount off for % coupon codes.

I may want to give a percentage off with a coupon code, but I may not want someone to be able to get more than a certain dollar amount off. So If I could put a maximum amount of $50 to a 10% off coupon code, a purchase of $400 would be $40 off, but a purchase of $600 would be capped at $50 off instead of $60.

Feature Request #5
Allow the ability to toggle the option for a discount code at the item variant level.

As it is now, if a coupon code is entered it works for every item in the store.
It would be nice to select which items the coupon code can be applied to.
This could be applied at the item variant level or possibly at the coupon code level.
This way if I have a coupon code pertaining to Honey, it would only work on Honey purchases, and it wouldn’t work for other items.

Thanks for your consideration!

Regards,
Blain

Thank you for all these great suggestions!

I think that your previous idea for weight per variants will handle most use cases, which leaves few scenarios where this would be useful. It will also be quite complicated. To do it for multiple products in a shopping cart we will need to know the 3d shapes of your jars and run some algorithms for calculating whether they can fit in a box of a fixed size.

Having shipping methods limited to specific product categories makes a lot of sense. I can imagine this would work best if its available in the Shipping settings, instead of the product page. We will work on this in our next updates.

Great ideas! We will work on this in the coming weeks.

2 Likes