Return/Enter key misbehaving

I’m having problems with the Paragraph element. The enter key has changed its behavior when trying to edit a paragraph. I try to edit the paragraph and when I hit enter to go to the next line it forces me out of the paragraph element. If I use shift-enter I get a new line but when I change focus away from the paragraph the new line disappears. See video…

thanks,
cj

The paragraph element it working fine.

While inside a paragraph, you can’t add a paragraph. Pressing Enter basically is telling it to enter a new paragraph, which it cannot do since you’re already in a paragraph.

That’s why Shift + Enter is a line break <br />
If you inspect the code. You’ll see <br /> in places where you’ve pressed Shift + Enter. Which is one of the ways you can add a line break. if you also enter <br /> here in the Forums comment / post editor, and look at the inspector on the right side, you’ll see it’s created a line break too. Which I’ve done here to show an example… Kind of looks a bit weird on my side, but looks normal to everyone reading this.

If you’re looking to start a new paragraph, you’ll need to add the paragraph element.

This comment, showing line breaks
The paragraph element it working fine.<br/>
While inside a paragraph, you can't add a paragraph. Pressing Enter basically is telling it to enter a new paragraph, which it cannot do since you're already in a paragraph.<br/>
That's why Shift + Enter is a line break `<br />` <br />.
If you inspect the code. You'll see `<br />` in places where you've pressed Shift + Enter. Which is one of the ways you can add a line break. if you also enter `<br />`  here in the Forums comment / post editor, and look at the inspector on the right side, you'll see it's created a line break too. Which I've done here to show an example... Kind of looks a bit weird on my side, but looks normal to everyone reading this.<br />
If you're looking to start a new paragraph, you'll need to add the paragraph element.<br /><br />

[ :clown_face: ← me realizing how many time I repeated myself]

1 Like

If you editing a paragraph and want to have a new paragraph then hit ALT ENTER. If you do it in the middle of the text the rest of the text after the cursor will be in the new paragraph

2 Likes

Didn’t know this! I probably should’ve looked to see what Bootstrap Keyboard shortcuts there are.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your prompt response.
Duhhh, sorry, I should have known that. Thanks again.

Side note: you need a broken record icon to put next to clown_face

I’m new to Bootstrap Studio and Bootstrap and just learning them. Bootstrap Studio is taking me from bootstrap illiterate to understanding it much better. Great job on the interface.

Awesome!
I’ll keep this in my pocket.
Thanks