SASS Compilation Error

Hello, When I create a new SCSS file in BSS I get the following error: SASS Compilation Error Make sure that the bstudio-sass tool from npm is installed

I have installed Bootstrap Studio (Ver 4.2.2) on my Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS install nodejs ver 8.10.0 with npm ver 3.5.2 sudo npm install bstudio-sass -g

rajesh@PC101:~$ bstudio-sass bstudio-sass is Bootstrap Studio's sidekick for compiling SASS files. To link this utility to Bootstrap Studio, please use the following path: /usr/local/bin/bstudio-sass

but when i put the above path in BSS Design Settings and create a new SCSS file i get the above error

Sorry that you've run into problems! Can you try starting the utility directly as a test? Execute this in a terminal: /usr/local/bin/bstudio-sass

Thanks for your support Martin, following is the output in my ternimal !!!

rajesh@PC101:~$ /usr/local/bin/bstudio-sass bstudio-sass is Bootstrap Studio's sidekick for compiling SASS files. To link this utility to Bootstrap Studio, please use the following path: /usr/local/bin/bstudio-sass rajesh@PC101:~$

I copied the above path "/usr/local/bin/bstudio-sass" in BSS > Settings > SASS Path > Save then in Design window > right-click styles > Create SCSS i get popup window showing the following error ? SASS Compilation Error Make sure that the bstudio-sass tool from npm is installed

I have same error. Please fix it

Thank you for your feedback. We did some testing and can confirm the problem under Ubuntu 18.04. It looks like our approach of distributing bstudio-sass as an installable npm module has a lot of drawbacks.

Can you try the following steps:

1. Download this file. It is a packaged version of bstudio-sass.
  2. Extract it somewhere on your computer. Keep the two files in the same folder.
  3. Paste the path to the extracted bstudio-sass executable in Bootstrap Studio's Settings dialog.

Hopefully things should work. In the next releases of Bootstrap Studio we will make the app download the correct prepackaged version, so people only have to click a button to enable SASS support.

Hi Martin, i have followed the 3 steps that you have suggested, but in BSS when i try to edit the scss file a pop up dialog box shows with - Uncaught Exception ( a JavaScript error occurred in the main process) Thanks & Regards

<h2>Rajesh</h2>

Uncaught Exception: Error: spawn EACCES at exports._errnoException (util.js:1050:11) at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:319:11) at Object.exports.spawn (child_process.js:390:9) at EventEmitter.eval (eval at callFunction (/opt/bootstrapstudio/resources/electron.asar/browser/rpc-server.js:249:18), <anonymous>:16:58) at emitTwo (events.js:106:13) at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:194:7) at WebContents.<anonymous> (/opt/bootstrapstudio/resources/electron.asar/browser/api/web-contents.js:247:13) at emitTwo (events.js:106:13) at WebContents.emit (events.js:194:7)

It worked for me, thanks

@Rajeshp Sorry it hasn't worked! Can you try making the bstudio-sass file executable with chmod +x?

Hi Martin, the executable bit was already their with bstudio-sass file. Regards Rajesh

Any update on this?

I got the same uncaught exception message, then downloaded the file and installed the file mentioned earlier in the thread. Now I am getting the compilations an error asking for me to install the tool. I'm certain the path to the tools is correct and execite permission is set for all users. This is on Mac OSX High Sierra.

Hi,

Just to say that it worked for me with the file on Ubuntu 18.04.1 just now,

Thanks!

It worked for me too, thank you! I was able to extract those two files in /home/ubuntu 18 user- folder and paste the path to Bootstrap Studio sass settings. No error after doing this trick. I hope i can "compile " something today :)

Greetings, For those who have the Uncaught Exception, don't forget to put the name of the boottrap studio sass file at the end of the path: /path/to/your/bs-tudio-sass-file/bstudio-sass