Save *.html as *.phtml

Hi Guys!

How do I change my ‘page.html’ to ‘page.phtml’?
thanks
Tom

I don’t sure, but it seem you should export the project first and then edit the html or using export script if needed for many times editting.

Well that’s an option too, but hoped this can be done in elegant way.
I don’t understand why page extensions cannot be changed? Why do they have to be *.html only.
I’m designing views for PHP Zend framework and the view files must end with *.phtml.
These are my first hours with the editor after purchase and I’m already annoyed :slight_smile:
regards
Tom

This is one of solved question about exporting question, i think just need small improvement to help your flow. Good luck!

I’m not sure if there is anytthing set for this to happen at all. It’s been asked a handful of times here and there for php and other types of extensions, but the consensus I’ve seen so far is that they don’t intend to cater to PHP type setups. Most people utilize an export script which would do exactly what you need upon export or uploading from the app. If you search the forums you should find some bits and pieces on export scripts. I don’t use them so unfortunately I can’t help on those, but I do know that’s basically the expected setup and they are the main reason that Export Script options were set up in the app.

1 Like

Many thanks guys! I will go for the script solution, just wanted to be sure I’m not reinventing the wheel.

regards
Tom

Another option would be to add a line in your htaccess file to allow html files to execute

for php it is something like:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm

Probably worth checking with your hosting provider

Many thanks Richard, I’ll give it a try.
Regards
Tom

1 Like

Bootstrap Studio is a powerful desktop app for designing and prototyping websites

Damm, I have to be blind cause I can’t see a sheet about php or fullstack app info, but hey! Theres export script, won’t hurt u to use this feature instead of complaining about a tool which never ever been meant to be something related with php :slight_smile:

Well, my question had nothing to do with PHP :blush:. I was asking about the possibility of Changing Default Extension of the file.
I do it with a script now which is awkward but works. The IDE is great, saves me a lot of time in layout design.

1 Like