Shop

Hi, I am making a website for a client who is a photographer and he wants a client area where he can give people passwords and they can download their pictures and pay for them right there. Is that possible to make all in Bootstrap or do I need an embed code for something? Also, he would like a shop where he can sell video recordings for his classes. Is there a way to make that in Bootstrap too?

Thanks, Q

Also, on the 404 page, I want people to be able to click the logo on the page and they go to the home page. How do you do that?

Thanks, Q

You will be able to mock up what you want the shop to look like, but to have a members section for registered users will require use of a backend database and use of php (or similar technology) which is not supported natively with this app.

But if you are happy to include lots of custom HTML blocks then you can still mock it up but would need to test your changes on your own local host or server.

And if you want to link your navbar logo to go back to the homepage, simply click the “navbar logo” and use the right hand option menu to link to your homepage.

Do you know how to/what software I can use for an ecommerce shop in Bootstrap? This is the main thing my client wants.

Q

You can't do e-commerce in JUST Bootstrap (whether using Bootstrap Studio or not.) Bootstrap is simply a front-end framework that makes it easier to build responsive static websites. E-commerce requires a backend - a database, a payment gateway, a shopping carts, and some sort of server-side language (like PHP.) You can of course build your storefront with Bootstrap, but you'll still need to have a backend built on non-Bootstrap technologies to handle all the inventory, the logins, and so on.

If you are not an e-commerce developer, don't know how to code, etc.. your best bet would be to use one of the many e-commerce platforms that are already out there, like Shopify, Big Commerce, Squarespace, Volusion, Woocommerce, etc.

One caveat... if your customer doesn't care about inventory, customer logins, shopping carts, etc... and just wants to be able to sell things as "one offs", they can use PayPal to create "items" and generate embeddable code. You can see an example here on this page http://karatelehighvalley.com/aikido-masters-book-store.html

He doesn't really care, he wants to sell his classes online on his website and also create little customer galleries where his customers can view their photos and buy them. So I would need a third party application for this? Do you have any suggestions on what I could use? This is my first time using Bootstrap Studio for a site so I am very beginner.

@XixVy I'm not trying to be unhelpful, but this forum is for users to help other users who need support using the Bootstrap Studio program. What you are asking us is basically, "how do I build an e-commerce website?" which is far beyond the scope of the sort of support you'll find here.

You cannot build an e-commerce site with just Bootstrap Studio. It's impossible. You can embed PayPal codes, but your client will need a PayPal account, and need to learn how to create PayPal "products", generate the code, and give it to you. Other than that, I don't know of any "simple" way to sell things without going to a full-blown e-commerce platform. Bootstrap Studio by itself cannot do what you want.

As I wrote in my previous post, you would probably have an easier time using a dedicated e-commerce platform like Shopify, Wix, Webflow, Squarespace, etc. These are website builders that already have all the tools you need to easily add products, accept payments, and so on. They also have monthly costs to use them. It is very complicated to build an e-commerce website from scratch, well beyond the scope of beginner. That's why sites like Shopify exist.

Ok, thank you.

Can’t really argue with the facts that Printninja has stated.