Test SFTP Connection does .. NOTHING

It’s fair enough that I can easily make SFTP work with my regular FTP client and not with the build in in Bootstrap Studio → Annoying but that could be due to a setting.

But it’s really annoying that apparently none of the “test connection” functions does anything at all. Just nothing happens, or sometimes in some other windows I get a small “Prepairing…” and then nothing.

I can’t seem to find any log windows or logs… and I mean: Publishing is sort of … important…
sftptestnotdoinganything

Pressing “Test Connection” just does NOTHING!

Do you have a firewall running that might be blocking Bootstrap Studio from connecting to your network?

I may, and thanks for the heads up, will check what Windows settings are… However that was not what my bug report wa about, as I wrote: “Annoying but that could be due to a setting.”

“But it’s really annoying that apparently none of the “test connection” functions does anything at all. Just nothing happens”

A "Test connection should return for example “Test failed”… as an absolute minimum. THere is nothing, and that’s the bug!

It will show in the bottom right** corner of your screen:

**depending where you have your notification popup setting - I believe bottom right is the default.

There is a reason that I wrote “NOTHING” with capital letters :slight_smile: Im not sure how to make it more clear :slight_smile:

Also I wrote “sometimes in some other windows I get a small “Prepairing…” and then nothing.” to let you know that I am aware of the little popup to the right, but as I try to write… I get N-O-T-H-I-N-G :smiley:

I had the same problem, after the steps shown everything worked great

1 Like

Im not sure why you guys are responding as if I wrote that my problem was that I could not connect. That is not what my bug report is about.

What is it you want to happen other than a notification if the connection is successful or fail when you click Test Connection

Nothing.

I “want” (think it’s bug that I don’t get) " a notification if the connection is successful or fail when I click Test Connection".

Can you try pressing the Show Test button in Settings > Notifications? A test notification should pop up.