Typekit Integration

Adobe Typekit integration would be super helpful. It should be as simple to add as Google Fonts was. https://fonts.adobe.com/typekit

you just need to set up a account and add the fonts.

You need an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription to use their web fonts. They're not free like Google fonts.

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it's not possible to integrate Typekit due to licensing issues, but a workaround is to add their fonts by linking them as external stylesheets.

You need an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription to use their web fonts. They’re not free like Google fonts.

@Printninja I could be wrong but a Creative Cloud Free Membership is enough. At least for fonts listed here: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts

Please see https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016052873-Adobe-Fonts and https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html

What do I get with my free Creative Cloud membership? [....] Free fonts

Oh, that's interesting. Adobe giving away stuff is pretty rare, but of course a "free" cloud membership is only a prelude to them endlessly marketing their Create Cloud suite to you. And once you've installed their resource-hogging, "phone-home-to-Adobe-every-day" software on your machine, you become "the product."

I was a loyal Adobe client until they switched to the rent-a-(blank) model. I installed their Creative Cloud App for a brief time and was appalled at the amount of resources it consumed, and how much data it was transmitting back to Adobe. Promptly uninstalled it, and now I stick to my CS6 apps that I actually own (not rent.) I have no love for the "CC Adobe."

It would be nice if somehow it could be worked out with Adobe to allow users that have a login to be able to integrate the fonts in Bootrap Studio the same as they can be done within all adobe software. I point to the css file externally however the fonts don't render correct when setting up the design in bootstrap studio. I can only see it correct on export. Im setting up pages that gets passed to other designers and they get all confused when the fonts don't render correct in the preview. It's basically a make or break for whether we purchase the software for our entire team.

When BSS 4.5x was announced, the devs said that custom font import would be coming in a future 4.5x release, so hopefully not too much longer. I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for Adobe Webfont support in BSS. Adobe doesn't do much in terms of "sharing" their proprietary products. They're notoriously dick-bags, actually. Their attitude will be something along the lines of, "well then buy a Creative Cloud subscription and use our (steaming pile of crap) Dreamweaver program to build your sites."

It's worth noting that some fonts available on Adobe fonts are the same as those on Google fonts. Also worth noting, and this is actually more relevant, is that Adobe delivers its fonts with a script placed in the head area, which can slow down your site's loading speed, and slow = bad for SEO and UX.

Is your team really that married to fonts exclusive to Adobe, or can you perhaps use fonts that are similar in appearance on Google? Personally, my clients couldn't care less what fonts I choose for their sites, as long as their sites generate business for them. BSS is way too good of a program to write off over fonts, IMO.

Really need Gibson and Proxima Nova, can not deviate from them. Im importing the css file directly and I wish it would just render correctly when I am in the BSS tool. The fonts don't show up correct until I preview. It just sorta defeats the purpose of using BSS since I cant really tell what Im looking at as far as letter-space , size ect when the fonts don't render correct until previewed in a Browser. Hopefully a solution will happen for both uploading a font file and pointing to/ uploading a css file of the fonts.

@galway Substituting say, Google Font's Montserrat for Proxima Nova would provide a similar look & feel to the page in BSS. They're not identical, but do you really need identical just to build the page? With responsive/liquid design, there's already an expectation that lines of text are going to reflow based on the viewport size, so if one font is a bit wider or narrower than the other, does it really matter? I realize it won't be "pixel-perfect" inside BSS, but you're already dealing with similar challenges just going from one browser to another. Fonts in Firefox don't render identically to the same fonts in Chrome. Back when I was building static sites and everything was absolutely positioned, this was an endless source of frustration as <h> or <p> widths that looked good in one browser would "jump a line" in the other, or the text of a paragraph would flow through a picture. But now that everything is responsive, it really doesn't matter. Containers adapt.

Another thing to consider... unless your loading the fonts from your server, there is always a chance that a font delivered via CDN might not load. There could be sever traffic, or Google fonts or Adobe fonts could go down, or a person might lose their internet connection and look at a cached version of the site. In such cases, the browser will render the text using one of the standard fallback fonts, so ideally, your page should still be usable if the browser is stuck using plain old "sans serif" or "cursive" or whatever.