Undo before setting a value -> reset actual changing via RightClick

editing the css styles is getting great.

Here my idea for making it more better :)

I can "move" the value of e.g. the {width} or {padding} by clicking the the little up/down arrows net to the value. Mouse up= increase Mouse down= decrease.

Great... I will fall in love with it.

`

For more convenience: When I move the value via mouse, to test some {width} or {padding}, maybe I do something wrong... moving the wrong value, or the old value was better.

Well, here helps the [CRTL] + [Z] for an undo.

But when you move, and while moving you see that's wrong I prefer an RightClick to restore the old value.

With this feature you can simply and quickly try something RightClick, try the next RightClick find the right value. Or pressing [ESC] for restore, or both.

What do you think?

Thank you for the suggestion!

This would be a great addition. I think that pressing Esc to cancel while dragging would be more consistent with people's expectations than right click. We will add this in the next update. Another thing that we will add, is the ability to increment/decrement values with up/down arrow like we do in the CSS editor.

Great...

I got this idea form "Blender" and some other designing programs.

There you can use the [ESC] AND the [RIGHT-CLICK] for reset. So I think a lot of people who use this on other programs will use the Rightclick as well.

And its faster than the two-handed [ESC]. But [ESC] of course is always good for canceling thing.

(I hope I can convince you :) )

Happy to report that we added this in version 2.6.1 that was just released. It works with both Esc and right click.

Cool feature... thank you for the quick work :)

Hi Martin,

I’ve wanted to write for a long time…

… I miss the [right-click] to cancel the slider changes…

why did you kill this feature…

:frowning:

Frank

In the Appearance panel you can drag the arrows to the right of many fields like Width, Height etc. Right clicking or pressing Escape while dragging should undo your changes. Doesn’t this work for you? Which OS and Bootstrap Studio version are you running?

upps… I am so sorry… but I was too fast with my post…

It is working… very fine.

I was using the sliders
grafik
and I thought the right-click is enabled here as well.

Because I accidentally moved the silder, and I didn’t know the old value.
But [CRTL]+[Z] worked fine.

Maybe you can add the right-click-reset on the sliders, too, :star_struck:

great work, at all

Frank