Update: Convert your HTML to Bootstrap Studio Document (.bsdesign)

Hello @R.Omer.
I would like to ask a friend if in my case, is there a way I can import my site into BSS?
I have several pages in subfolders, is there any way to import this site keeping the directories, folders?
I created the site in BSS and then I made changes in VS Code, now I would like to import the entire project back into BSS.
Thanks in advance and congratulations for the tool, it is excellent!
Example in the attached image.

1 Like

@gilmar

You can use the tool he wrote (link is above just updated), but it may not come out exactly the same as many of the rows/cols etc. may end up as divs. You can easily replace those should you choose to though by adding one in, putting the same classes/id’s into them and then just move the content into the new row/col. I haven’t worked with it a lot yet, but I’m thinking that’s probably the main thing you’ll find different. Other than that it should import your HTML pages for you. You can then import any CSS, JS and Images to the project manually.

1 Like

Thanks, what I would like to do is import all the HTML of the project respecting the hierarchy of the directories, I have a folder with subfolders and I wanted to import this way to the converter, but I don’t think it will be possible.

1 Like

hmm no I don’t think so either, but … you can try it and see if it respects the hierarchy or not. Nothing to lose by trying right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think there would be security issues within the browser, as you would be giving it access to your file system. The only way word be for the program to be rewritten to allow uploading a zip file and decompressing it with the correct structure (which doesn’t work as it stands, I just tried :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

What you could do is rename your HTML files to have the name of the folder before you convert

So subfolder/filename.html would become subfolder-filename.html

Then you can see what file needs to go in what folder

2 Likes

hi @gilmar
I see what you mean, the issue is that browsers work with input controls to allow local file access, due to the security reasons, no client-side script can read users local file system. I can change the script to allow the directory hierarchy, but you’ll have to choose them manually on the converter app. I think it is much easier to convert all pages under one directory and then creating directories in BSS and drag/drop files as needed. I will keep this idea on the table for the future releases.

1 Like

This may be a bit tedious to do, but you could import each directory as a separate project if you have too many to try organizing them all after importing the whole thing. This way you can create the directories in each project and put the files in them and then copy each project’s folder into one main project until you have them all.

2 Likes

yes @jo-r, I second that. thanks

1 Like