Update: Convert your HTML to Bootstrap Studio Document (.bsdesign)

Hello fellow community
I have added feature to convert multiple html files in a single bsdesign project, due to some construction I was unable to spend anytime on it, sorry for delay.
Covert HTML to Bootstrap Studio File (.bsdesign)

8 Likes

So awesome @R.Omer and welcome back! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Thank you so very much @jo-r

Fantastic Job. This (the single page version) came in handy earlier, I had a job from 2019 that I had lost the bsdesign file. There was a page with 100+ logos that I managed to convert and incorporate into the new design. So thanks again

1 Like

my pleasure @richards

1 Like

Looks helpful. So with your online tool, would I be able to take a bootstrap website I am currently working on in VScode and convert it to .bsdesign form so I can import it? What about my custom.css file?

1 Like

CSS files can be directly imported into Bootstrap Studio.

1 Like

@Sambaji when you use this conversion tool what it does is take your current site and convert it to a Bootstrap Studio file (doesn’t change your original files, just makes a new file). There’s no importing needed, anything in your current site would be already in the file (provided it’s html, css, scss, images and js).

Your custom CSS files are untouched so they will be the same in the new project it creates as it was in the current project outside of BSS.

Then you just open that file with Bootstrap Studio and keep on working. Hope that clarifies it better.

Also, it might help to check out this thread where it all started. Originally the tool only did one page at a time, now it is doing multiple pages:

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed response and for developing this plugin. Although I recently purchased Bootstrap Studio, I haven’t really used it yet, since I had already been learning Bootstrap while developing my simple site with VScode. However, I like the idea of experimenting with the pre-built components available through Bootstrap Studio with my site. It looks like your plugin will allow me to do that.

1 Like

You’re quite welcome and the Kudos go to @R.Omer for creating the plugin, I’m just a user of both BSS and the plugin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @jo-r, you basically said it all.

2 Likes

hi @Sambaji,
I thought about including the custom css files, there are few issues along the way, this feature is still on the agenda to be added to the project in the future. but I think it is far too easier to just drag and drop the files in the project. drag and drop feature does not work the same way for html files, which is the whole reason for this project. I hope this helps.

Hi @R.Omer, this had been reported on another thread, but not sure if you have seen it.

When a file is converted all the Paragraph tags are locked. They are still editable but cannot be deleted or moved.

1 Like

Hi @R.Omer great work,

i have the same problem, with the locked paragraph. They are still editable but cannot be deleted or moved. Any solution or workaround?

greets
Phil

1 Like

hi @richards
I will look into it shortly today.
Thank you for the report

1 Like

Hello @bsphil
I will fix it ASAP, inshaAllah

Sounds good :slight_smile: good luck

1 Like

hi @bsphil, @richards, @jo-r, @nasiusii