Version 2.5.0 is out!

Even with php you would only see the script on screen as you would need to upload to your server/database for your script to render content so wouldn't that be the same?

Either way would be good if BSS did make php editing possible as you're many people including me have asked the question but I honestly don't see it being top priority for the BSS devs as they are focus on core functionality of bootstrap which is HTML and CSS.

I am having the same problem as Joel Demonceau. My version is still 2.4.3. What should I do? I checked for updates, reinstalled and I am still on the older version of Bootstrap Studio.

Yes, when I check for update, I get "no updates available" message :(

@papa2kxx @joel-demonceau did you check if your subscription is valid? Mine expired last month (and i renewed for 2 additional years).

Same as you... I renewed for 2 years, ending in october 2018

@joel-demonceau they're also having issues with their new 'sponsored hosting' feateure ATM. So maybe the those issues are related. Anyway having renewed in October and not receiving 2.4.4., 2.45 and 2.5.0 could be a different issue with your subscription being wrongly registered. Sorry but i can't help you on that. You could try to manually download the new version. The (easy to guess) URL to get BSS releases is working and offering the updated version. I guess you could do a full update and it will work, if your actual BSS version shows that you're entitled to do updates will Oct 2018. If you don't have that 'secret' URL just check your original activation email.

Thank you for the feedback about the new release! To address your questions and concerns:

@joel-demonceau, @papa2kxx Sorry that you hadn't received the update! There was an issue with our backend and it didn't deliver the new version to everybody. This is now fixed and you will receive 2.5.0 the next time you start Bootstrap Studio.

@phaworth The Export option is still there. We haven't removed anything. It is on the main toolbar right after "Open" and "Save". There is no need to go in the Settings to export. There is also a keyboard shortcut - Ctrl/Cmd+E to make this even faster.

Also, regarding PHP editing, I am sorry that it is taking you so much effort to design your sites in Bootstrap Studio. I realize that you are hoping to move your entire development in the app. But we want to keep it focused on design. Bootstrap Studio can't replace a full blown IDE like PHPStorm or Netbeans, and this is what you need to be an efficient developer these days. These programs have debuggers, refactoring support and plenty of other advanced features. Bootstrap Studio is complimentary, in that it allows you to visually design your site, quickly prototype your UI and show it off to managers or clients. You can then export your design and move on to integrating it with your backend.

@BSS_User We are working on the new components and templates already, but they will take some time to get ready (probably around version 2.6). If you have suggestions on specific components that you would like to see, we would love to hear them!

Yes it works, thanks :)

@BSS_User We are working on the new components and templates already, but they will take some time to get ready (probably around version 2.6). If you have suggestions on specific components that you would like to see, we would love to hear them!

@martin It was less about what may be included and amore about what happened in 2.4.X that they never arrived, that it was no longer discussed for 2.5.X and now stated and slated for 2.6 ;-). I am confident reading "Tutorialzine" that you guys understand trends, popular libraries, etc., and will make good decisions for possible components. But perhaps a formal post here at the forum where people can post specific suggestions for consideration and provide ideas might not be a bad idea.

we want to keep it focused on design

I am eager to see with future versions how these ideals will be brought more to the forefront of the app and user experience. Keep up the good work.

The same question, where is version 2.5? - I purchased today and received only 2.4.2 - no update available after install?

Same here. I did buy it on 29th Dec 2016 with unlimited updates. Downloaded the 64bit Windows version and installed it. It is 2.4.2 and no chance to update to 2.5.

Now working for me on a Mac. I too bought on 29 Dec (v2.4.2) but after a restart today, v2.5 became available.

There were some inconsistencies in our database caused by a related issue. This is now fixed and you should all get 2.5.0. Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks worked now

Update Problem solved, thx :)

Ok so I'm late to the party here due to being gone on vacation till late last night. I am wondering if we can please get the export button on the top right back as well as the publish for quick exporting. I don't know who's planning to use publishing to the BSS servers, but I'm sure there will be many that won't and now we have extra clicks in order to export our projects because it's taken up by the Publish.

Maybe the option to set the button to be Publish or Export would be possible? This way people could choose which way they want the button to function. I don't know, just kicking out an idea as I really want the Export button functionality back. :)

Jo maybe you missed it, @martin stated previously in this thread that it was just relocated.

The Export option is still there. We haven’t removed anything. It is on the main toolbar right after “Open” and “Save”. There is no need to go in the Settings to export. There is also a keyboard shortcut – Ctrl/Cmd+E to make this even faster.

I am not sure why it didn't remain on the right side though instead of moving it? Since users were used to its location.

@Jo... I am right with you...

I'd like that [Export] Button back, too. Publishing is not necessary for me, too

But till we'll get it back... the [CRTL]+[E] helps

Ahhh Thanks BSS_User, I definitely did miss that. So many thread I seem to have missed even though I have every forum marked as subscribed and should get an email for every one, but I don't :/ Appreciate the heads up and that works great for me! Thanks to you too Martin for pointing this out to us and making sure that we all have our favorite ways to publish and export. :)

Oh I am soooo blind...

thanks for this picture... you should have an big red arrow to point to the EXPORT Button... :-) for stuid readers like me ^^

I didn't see it.