Website not publishing

Hello, all of a sudden my program is not publishing and there is no error display! I also notice that when I open help, and click on report, bug, instructions… and also the preview none of them work! Anyone experiencing the same issues?

You should be able to preview your websites regardless of whether Bootstrap Studio’s server is down. The preview has nothing to do with being connected to the internet.

I do not use BSS’s hosting, but their regular website is live. Can you see/access this link?

The bug report page is also working for me

If you cannot preview your websites, you may have an issue with your program installation. Have you tried reinstalling the software? Can you access their online repository?

Hello, I just installed it again, and same issues!

I also had a warning from windows 11 not to install the program. The first installed that didn’t happen!

Windows 10/11 have all kinds of dumb warnings about installing third-party software. I normally disable these warnings.

As long as you downloaded the program from the the Bootstrap Studio repository, the program is clean.

If all you did was install over an existing installation, and there was something corrupted on the existing installation, the new install may not correct the problem. You probably need to delete/uninstall the original installation completely, delete the user data folder(s), and start from scratch, including re-registering the program with your original license key. Keep in mind, this will erase any customizations you’ve done, your downloaded components, etc. So you may also want to backup first. I’m not entirely sure where all the folders are that store the BSS data.

You may want to wait until Monday, so you can get support from the developers (who are not around on weekends.)

Another option would be to use the Windows restore feature to roll back your entire system to a time before the problems started.

by doing what you are suggesting will I lose all the updates I did to the images, from jpg to webp

You shouldn’t. Where do you save your websites (the .bsdesign files)? They contain all your website assets (images, pages, CSS, JS.) As long as you don’t delete your .bsdesign files, you won’t lose your websites or the files in them.

FWIW, you should have some sort of backup of all your websites and associated files, preferably external to your computer (like a thumb drive, or external hard drive, or cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.))