The next Bootstrap Studio release is going to be version 4.0.
You might be wondering why we are skipping 3.0 and jumping straight to 4. Well, it is simple really. The highlight feature of the next release is going to be full Bootstrap 4 support. This is a major update to the app, and to minimize confusion we are bumping Bootstrap Studio's version to match.
Here is what we have planned:
- Full Bootstrap 4 support. Bootstrap 3.3.7 will continue to be supported, so you can create new designs in both.
- Tool for converting designs made in Bootstrap 3 to 4.
- Support for new CSS features like filters, blend modes, grid and more.
- Multiple selections for CSS blocks with mass actions.
- New version of the Electron framework that Bootstrap Studio uses.
This is quite a bit of work and we hope to have it finished by late October.
- Version 4.0.0 was released on November 1st.
- Version 4.0.1 was released a few days after this, bringing bug fixes.
- Version 4.0.2 brought multi-selection to the CSS panel, making it easier to edit your CSS files.
- Version 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 brought even more bugfixes, and useful small features like editor wrap and tab size settings.
Additional 4.0.X updates may be released as we receive bug reports from the community.