Wizard only works in Tab 1

Hello, I'm hoping you can help me figure out a mystery. I am using two drag-and-drop items that you all have access to. 1. The tabs component from bootstrap studio. 2. The MUSA_form-wizard from the bootstrap studio online area.

The MUSA_form wizard works perfectly on tab 1, i.e. when you push the buttons it takes you through the icons and also through the steps. When you put the same MUSA-form wizard on tab 2, it stops working. When you push the buttons the wizard takes you through the icons but stays stuck on step 1. Can anyone think of a way around this problem? I need really need a wizard for tab 2. I'm open to using different code if anyone has something else that works.

I'm not MUSA and I don't have the wizard. However, I'd think you may need to look at whether or not there is an ID conflict happening. ID's are specific and should only be used once on a page. For example, if you have something like

<div class="tab-content">
    <div class="tab-pane active" role="tabpanel" id="tab-1">
        <div id="MUSA-form-wizard-1">...</div> /* conflicting ID */
    </div>
    <div class="tab-pane" role="tabpanel" id="tab-2">
        <div id="MUSA-form-wizard-1">...</div> /* conflicting ID */
    </div>
    <div class="tab-pane" role="tabpanel" id="tab-3">
        <p>Content for tab 3.</p>
    </div>
</div>

You would need to modify the second wizard like so

<div class="tab-content">
    <div class="tab-pane active" role="tabpanel" id="tab-1">
        <div id="MUSA-form-wizard-1">...</div>
    </div>
    <div class="tab-pane" role="tabpanel" id="tab-2">
        <div id="MUSA-form-wizard-2">...</div> /* changed so no conflict */
    </div>
    <div class="tab-pane" role="tabpanel" id="tab-3">
        <p>Content for tab 3.</p>
    </div>
</div>

And you would need to do it to any children IDs that could be in conflict too.

Now something like this might actually break any Javascript functions on the second wizard, so you may need to update the script to support the changes to the IDs.

If this is the problem, this happens because the app does not update/modify such things automatically for you.

This is just a suggestion and possibility to your problem, MUSA would know better.

Hope this helps you.

Saj

Ooh, thank you, I will look at that!

Worked like a charm! Thank you!

Your welcome glad I could help :)

Saj