Missing "sub" and "sup" for text

I've tried spans and they don't work. These tags should give superscript and subscript to the text in both the 3 and 4 versions of the app I'm thinking. I'm in 3 on this particular project and they are not working at all. There's nothing on the text edit bar to add them either so I've no way to add these to my text. What am I missing?

I am not sure about spans but I would agree paragraphs should have superscript and subscript. Really, I have never used one yet.

If you drag a span into a paragraph you can create a class called sup and add it to the span.

.sup {
  vertical-align: super;
  font-size: smaller;
}

It seems the only way you can do this is by using a span item and then applying a custom class. I took the liberty of looking up the specs for sub and sup and made the following classes which you're free to copy...

.text-sub { position: relative; font-size: 75%; line-height: 0; vertical-align: baseline; bottom: -.25em; }

.text-sup { position: relative; font-size: 75%; line-height: 0; vertical-align: baseline; top: -.5em; }

@Twinstream Haha, you beat me to it.

Yeah I was thinking you could probably do a class for it, but ... it's basic HTML now to use the:

<sub>text</sub> <sup>text</sup>

So I should be able to apply those without having to create a new class of any kind for them, they are supposed to be default HTML and are also part of the setup in Bootstrap. I had expected to see them in the text editor, but nothing there, then figured maybe applying a class named sup or sub to a span would do it, but no go.

We really should have the ability to create our own text wrappers without using a span if we don't want to, and without them having to be in the text editor.

Anyways, we need a way to add these without having to work around them, they are standard HTML and Bootstrap.

Yet another problem with being locked out of BSS's HTML

i would have to agree with you on that for sure. Really do need to be able to do some of the simple things like adding tags to text. So many other things that really should be accessible. Most of the time I don't mind it, but when things like this happen, then I realize how restricting this is.

Sorry for replying so late! We're quite busy with finishing up Bootstrap Studio 5 at the moment. I think we can add this before the release.

Awesome! Thanks as always Martin!