Version 5.8.0 is out!

Hey folks! Happy to report that we just released Bootstrap Studio 5.8.0. Here is what’s new:

New

Bootstrap Studio now has a light theme! You can activate it from Settings > Interface.

Improvements

• New Copy/Paste and Reset buttons were added to all groups in the Settings panel. They let you quickly transfer settings between components. This is especially handy for animations.
  • The CSS editor is now smarter. It detects when rules are overridden by other blocks and lets you navigate to them. The “Styles” tab also takes media queries into account when showing the CSS blocks that affect the selected component.
  • You can now copy and paste multiple components and files simultaneously.
  • A new “Target” group was added to Button and Link components’ options. It lets you select Modals, Offcanvas and Toast components which the button/link would trigger when pressed. This eliminates the need to write data attributes manually.
  • You can now set backups to never be deleted in Settings > Backups, and you can trigger backups on demand with Ctrl+Shift+B (Cmd+Shift+B on macOS).
  • When exporting, smart-forms.js and chart.js are added only to pages which need them.
  • Bootstrap and Google Fonts were updated to their latest versions.

In the coming weeks we will be releasing 5.8.x updates with the rest of the features planned in the roadmap.

As always we would love to hear your feedback!

7 Likes

Nice update thanks! I have a question that might be a bug or I just don’t understand how it works.

I see in one of my classes the little yellow dots with exclamation points that show that an attribute is overridden by another class, but … it’s referencing itself? In other words, I have a class called “.home-title” and I have variations of it with media queries. The message says "this rule is overridden by .home-title and when I hit the button to go to “See Block”, it just goes to the location I’m already at.

CleanShot 2021-07-16 at 10.21.55

I’ve checked some of the others and it seems to work fine otherwised as far as showing the override classes. I haven’t found any others yet like this one, but I’ll keep looking if I need to.

EDIT:** I did find another right after I posted that is doing the same thing in referencing itself.

I LOVE THIS NEW FEATURE THOUGH!! And I’m sure that you’ve just made PrintNinja a very happy user today with the options edits. :slight_smile:

I have to add more to that last post, but although it’s about the same feature, it’s not quite the same issue.

I am seeing attributes showing they are overridden by other classes that are in fact not being done so. In other words, my body tag (which I have customized) is saying that my font family, size, line-height, color and text align are all being overridden by .home-title when all that is or should be affected by the .home-title class are items with that class added. Defnintely is not or shouldn’t be showing as if it is changing the entire site’s font structure.

The site’s font structure is intact, and shows correctly so it’s not passing those values through, but it’s definitely not showing them correctly. This is very confusing.

There you go @N-Man, your wish for an alternative to Gotham darkness :bat: has been fulfilled. :wink:

1 Like

Could you send us an example design so we can take a look? Thanks in advance!

Sure, also I should say I’m on Mac version too, forgot that before.

Thanks much for the nicely detailed description of how smart the CSS Editor is now! I totally missed that it was highlighting a class in the window, maybe we could get that to last longer or something or flash for a little longer? Other than that I’m totally loving that feature now!

I’m totally pumped about many of the new features that have been added with this update, and I’m looking forward to playing around with them.

Unfortunately, I’m dealing with some real-world personal issues at the moment (unrelated to web development) that are significantly limiting the time I have to spend in the Forum, work on websites and explore the latest BSS update.

I’m afraid I’m going to be a bit scarce for the next couple of weeks. Life sometimes intrudes.

No worries @printninja , real life comes before pretty much anything in my book. Hope everything is or will be ok and see you when we see you!

I was also a bit confused by the apparent contradiction of this new feature. I found that by changing the media the warning dot changes to reflect the size. So no contradiction, just the feature working as it should. Nice addition to BSS. RedCat35

I thanked the developer Martin Angelov, personally (via e-mail) for implementing this long-standing request.

In this version, I have noticed a slowdown when clicking on any thing. This only happens part of the time. The delays can be up to 10 seconds. I did not have this problem in the previous version.

This issue was resolved in 5.8.1 so be sure to update.

Martin,
I am running the 5.8.1 version. Still having slowdowns every once in a while.

If possible, can you send us the bsdesign file that’s causing slowdowns?

I love this product. 5…8.3 is GREAT. Any update on the release of the ecommerce components in the 5.8 series ?

They’re still under active development. I can’t say for certain when they’ll be ready, most likely around mid October.

1 Like