Hey folks! I am happy to share that Bootstrap Studio 6.4.0 is out! Here is what’s new:
- Windows and Linux users can now hide the application menu for a cleaner look. Access it from View > Hide Menu. The menu will auto show when you press the Alt key.
- New components were added to the Ecommerce group - Sign in Button, User Orders and User Settings. With these you can add user accounts to your store.
- The ability to generate canonical links during export and publish was added. You can find the new option in Settings > SEO.
- You can now open multiple files in external editors at once from the context menu.
- Multiple improvements to the importing and parsing of HTML pages were made.
- The application will now warn you if there are issues with your design when you open it. It will check for excessive file and image size and prompt you to run a Check for Issues scan.
- Various minor features suggested on the forum.
- Multiple fixes and performance improvements.
We are still waiting for the final release of Bootstrap 5.3.0 to land in order to integrate light/dark mode support in Bootstrap Studio. Once it does, we will release it in a 6.4.x update.
Looking forward to your feedback!
Nice update guys thanks!
I’d like to add a suggestion for the Issues setup to allow us to hide some of the issues on the list either per page, per project or both. For example, I have a site that I keep a lot of blocks hidden because she reuses them often. Easier to hide and unhide than to deal with a user component.
Same for the bunch of social media missing issues. Most of my clients don’t bother with most of them. Usually just facebook, twitter, google, and instagram. Would be nice to hide those per project when not used. Can’t force them to use them so.
I do thank you kindly for that feature though, it’s helped me clean up a lot of things on many projects!
How come I feel like I’m the only one that saw this post!
Just replying so you don’t feel lonely
Thank you for the feedback! There is no need to hide specific issues, the only ones that are checked automatically on design open have to do with file size, because they can lead to slow downs in the app. The ones about hidden components are run only in the Check for Issues dialog and you can ignore them.
ah Ok thanks @martin I will ignore them then (phew!)
I can’t install my upgrade from 6.3.1 to 6.4.0. I have MacOS Catalina, version 10.15.7 installed on my iMac. 24 GB of memory.
@martin Will 6.4x updates still run under Windows 7?
You can try downloading the latest version directly from our website.
Yes, 6.4.x updates will run on Windows 7/8/8.1. Starting with Bootstrap Studio 6.5.0 the app will be Windows 10/11 only.
Thanks for your help Martin. Everything is ok now
Any roadmap for 6.4.1 or 6.5?