I am happy to announce that Bootstrap Studio 5 is now available. This is the biggest update we've ever made. Let's jump straight to the changes.
- You can now edit JS, CSS, SASS and Custom Code in external editors like Visual Studio, Sublime Text and more. Just right click and choose "Open In".
- You can convert between paragraphs and headings, divs and sections and more with the new "Change to" option.
- A new Fit to Canvas option was added to give more real estate to your work area.
- You can now Show/Hide components from the page helping you iterate on your designs.
- The start screen was redesigned. You can see many more designs at once and search through them.
- Added Sub & Sup components.
- Bootstrap was updated to 4.4.1 and support for row-cols was added.
- The SASS compiler is now built in and always available, obviating the need for a separate helper utility.
- The update system was reworked, and you can choose whether to update automatically or postpone updates from Settings.
- The icon fonts in the app were updated to the latest available versions.
- The Bootstrap Theme dropdown in Settings now shows a visual preview.
- Bugfixes and other small improvements that were suggested, like support for Webp images, generating unique id when duplicating elements, support for new CSS properties was added and more.
Bootstrap Studio won't update automatically to 5.0.0, instead it will notify you and point you to our download page. But because we rewrote the update system, this will be the last time this is needed. From now on the app will be able to do even these big updates automatically. This was also a good opportunity to give users control on whether to install or skip updates (you can change this preference in Settings > Updates).
This was a big release, so it's possible (even likely) that there are some bugs we haven't caught. Be sure to report them and we'll fix everything promptly :)